Saturday, August 30, 2008

Uncle Lester's Funeral Weekend

I flew down and back on Allegiant Air on the same flights with Lori and Ethan
on Thursday, Aug. 21, for Uncle Lester's funeral.


Mom, Coleman, Karen and Ruthie picked us up at the Clearwater airport Thursday afternoon, and then took us to John's Pass. We enjoyed watching dolphins in the channel.


Ethan just turned one this month and is one busy and happy little guy. He's especially happy when he's "in control" it appears.

I replaced the sandals I had stolen on our cruise this summer. I took Randy's advice and bought TWO pairs of the Pali Hawaii sandals - I'm ready for the next thief!

Uncle Lester would have been 84 in September. He died on August 16 in the nursing home where he'd been for the last 4 years in Zephyrhills. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1998. We reminisced about our many memories of great times with him throughout the weekend. The funeral was Sabbath afternoon at the East Pasco church. I enjoyed helping Karen put together a PowerPoint slide show Friday morning that was shown at the funeral of highlights of his life. She had scanned about 160 pictures that we included in the 82 slides.

There was a dinner at the church afterwards Sabbath evening where we enjoyed visiting with a lot of family.


Karen and Auntie Cork



There's nothing like family being together at a time like this.
"Family lifts our spirits and sticks with us when times are tough."
We know we'll see Uncle Lester again soon when Jesus comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home