Boating Before Downpour on MJ's BD
It was smooth sailing for Ryan who jumped on the wakeboard soon as we got to the lake about noon on July 30.
He decided to play around on two skis awhile for the first time this summer next. (notice the boats in the water behind him)

Then Randy tried his luck wakeboarding and found some nice water too. He's holding his tongue just right to pull it off like a pro - click to see up close.
I like this looking back shot - I guess he wasn't sure the boat driver "had his back."
Then my turn - I told them not to bother taking pictures. But I wish they had taken a video. As soon as I pulled up, one boat after another came by ~ good-bye smooth water! Then after we came out of the curves at the dock end, two boats came at us, one on each side of our boat! I thought I could get through it, but I was SO WRONG. . . what happened is what would have been a hoot on video. Ryan was launched from the seat in the boat's bow as the boats' wakes hit our boat, as I was launched from my skis when the wakes plowed into me from both sides. My first fall of the summer and was it ever memorable - what a birthday present. . .

Anne was due to arrive from Michigan about 2:30, the same time the thunder, lightening and rain hit. So we headed home instead - to our dismay. But nobody minded heading to Souper Salad for my birthday dinner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home