Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Calendars Lie - Summer IS Over. . .


What better place to spend the last evening of our summer
than in the bay
or on the boat (and on the phone?) at sundown - the first time all summer!

Jason joined us and enjoyed cooling off after their rousing basketball game
Thanks for coming along to enjoy the event.
I was the one pushing for this trip - our tradition at summer's end.



The sun disappeared a few minutes behind some clouds, and we thought we'd seen the end of it - but alas!
Out it slid for us to enjoy awhile longer. Maybe that's what summer will do for us -
live on after we go back to work somehow!
Randy took this one down low to the water - I love it.


As you can see, the evening WAS beautiful, and so peaceful at the Bay
(hopefully a precursor of the kind of school year ahead for us all)
This one's for you, Ruthie. DON'T LAUGH!


Tomorrow brings the start of the new school year for us, Registration to be exact.
I think we'll submit this for our yearbook picture this year - looking as relaxed as a summer could make us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Surfs Up said...

What a pretty sunset it was. Even though I was tired and sore before I got out it was a blast to wakeboard for the 2nd straight day in a row, while teaching for my 1st 2 days at the same time!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful ending! Hope you have a great year. I am sure that the Lord has some interesting adventures for you.
Renee

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Jaclyn said...

Is that your new bathing suit???

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home