Saturday, August 17, 2019

Fourth Boating Outing, and Last this Summer

We picked up Terrie on Tues., Aug. 6, at her house on the water and enjoyed one last ski of the season and picnic lunch on the boat.  Randy had Photo Dynamic Therapy on his head and face by the dermatologist so has to stay out of the sun for two weeks, so that put the skids on our hopes of going out one more time to winterize the boat.  We'll be going to Jessica's wedding this Thursday up in Detroit, and then heading right to Mom's for the next six weeks.

Our buddy Flynn is hesitant to get on their floating dock.

Then on Tues., Aug. 13, I went to Memorial Hospital for a complete hysterectomy that was done robotically.  This little ray of sunshine, a former and much appreciated student of ours from CA, came to see me. She walked me around the nurses' station a few times too when I was feeling totally hammered and couldn't walk a straight line!  She's a CNA and going to SAU to get her nursing degree, Kristi Wilson.  All of the caregivers at Memorial were wonderful.  But I was still glad to escape and come home to my favorite caregiver the next afternoon.  How does one ever recover where they don't let you sleep at night (my only complaint besides the clear liquid meals)!

I had a visit from Omar, a pet therapy rescue dog from Turkey.  He was so sweet. 

I'm mending slowly and just have to expect it to take time - 6 weeks I am told.  Randy is a great nurse, laundry guy, cook and dishwasher, handy man all around, and sweetheart.  I am blessed.  And friends have provided us wonderful meals, thanks to Ruthie arranging them for me from up at Mom's.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home