Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Smith's Show us Greeneville


We got to Smith's Wed. night (just 1.5 hrs. beyond DW).  On Fri. they took us to the National Cemetery where Andrew Johnson was buried, the 17th president.
It's at the highest spot in Greeneville so there was a nice view.
Meet the Director of the Community Service Center thrift store.  

Their darling grandkids
Thanks for the pictures, Connie n Roger!  The only one I took in there was blurry.

We had a blast shopping at the church's thrift store!

Enjoying the evening on their front porch Thursday after our "heavy-duty" shopping day.

This is in the Greeneville historical museum that I really enjoyed, like a miniature Greenfield Village.  We also went to Gilley's where Connie and I struck "gold" . . . aka new sandals!  She got some Tiva's that she loves and I got new Chacos - which were VERY welcome since I badly bruised or broke my little toe the night before we left and stuffing it into my walking shoes was painful.  The Chacos strap doesn't touch the toe so was just what the doctor ordered.  I even wore them to church.  There's a first time for everything - right?

There it is - very colorful, eh?


It had been a LONG time since I'd walked out the door to a garden to pick something to enjoy at a meal.  I picked 3 green onions for a yummy and colorful quinoa dish Connie made for us Thursday.

Fri. morning I was up at 6 so went out to sit in their backyard to watch the sun rise over the mountains.  How peaceful.  They have the greatest view of anybody I know out the kitchen window and their bedroom.  

Their yard and garden is as tidy as any you'll ever see, as is the inside of their home.  I came home to Clutter City and have MUCH to take with me to the Sam. Ctr. Monday if I can just stay inspired the rest of this week.

They took us for a drive up Paint Mountain Fri. evening.  The mountain laurel were in heavy bloom and beautiful.

We walked along the French Broad River a ways.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home