Saturday, April 21, 2018

What Filled My Days Lately


We went last Wed. morning to DW with Ruthie n Milton to enjoy a concert by Amy Grant.  We stayed overnight at Norma-Dan Motel and on Thursday we were rolling in the aisles as we listened to a Christian comedian we'd never heard, Chondra Pierce.  We also enjoyed VERY MUCH the Triumphant Quartet for our first time.  Two of them sang with the Kingdom Heirs years ago, but then started their own quartet 16 years ago.  Good move - they sound BETTER than the Kingdom Heirs we think.  Check 'em out at  Triumphant Quartet in 2015 at National Quartet Convention

The classic car rally was going on in Pigeon Forge so we saw a lot of cool old cars too parked along the Parkway.   I borrowed these pictures from Judi Doty's FB page since I didn't bother to take any as we drove down the parkway.  



This black pick-up was so strange, with the back bed part built up double decker style.  We managed to squeeze in some shopping at a couple outlets along here.


I'm sure glad Ruthie n Milton like Dollywood too!



On April 13 I got to enjoy these friends who I volunteer with Monday mornings at the Samaritan Center Volunteer Appreciation Brunch, Jeanette and Janie.

The rowdies at our table

Karen was in town so we got together at Ruthie's for a yummy meal last Tues. and celebrated her April 20 birthday a few days early.
I've been working on Randy's t-shirt quilt too, so eventually I hope to finish it.  I'm tying it now, which is NOT enjoyable. Then comes the binding.  It'll be awhile yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home