Thursday, February 1, 2018

Reflections on Ryan's 34th and Amy's 31st Birthdays

It sure doesn't seem like 34 years ago today this little guy arrived on the scene - so much wanted and loved.

Ryan - 16 months
Feb. 2, 1987. . . We felt so blessed.  Now our family was complete - a healthy son AND daughter!  In  her journal, I wrote:  "When the doctor said 'You have a big girl' I started uncontrollable giggling and grinning. . . You've completed our family.  Grandma TJ says you're the frosting on the cake of her four grandchildren.  We're both 'tickled pink.'  . . . you are what we wanted!  . . . When we brought you home the day after you were born, I brought Ryan home from Horniacheks and when he saw you in Daddy's arms, he said, "Is that Amy?  May I hold her?"  He was so gentle and adoring, as his mouth fell open in a broad grin when he held you."
 Here's an entry in the journal we kept when the kids were little that Randy wrote on Aug. 22, 1987:  "You have been very kind and loving to your little sister.  You love doing things for her."

Ryan was 3 and Amy was one month in this sweet cuddling moment.  They got along fabulously as little kids. I think home schooling kept our family close a lot longer than many get to experience.

Amy was 4 weeks.  Ryan was 3.  We took them in for portraits regularly and they were mostly very cooperative.

May 1987 - Amy's first camping trip

At Grandma TJ's one Sabbath.  Ryan never has stayed in his church clothes long enough for pictures after church.
With some of her favorite dolls

Amy - 4 - my budding pianist!
In his room in VA



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home