Thursday, June 8, 2017

13 ugly bushes - GONE!

For years I've been wanting these 12 forsythia bushes on the hillside beside our house taken OUT!   They are breeding grounds for poison ivy that I've gotten several times when trimming them.  So yesterday Randy got our neighbor to come with his pick-up and chain and GO FOR IT!  One by one, they ALL bit the dust!


I had to take a picture of the scrawny ugly bushes before he had them all ripped out.

This top one on the right was the ugliest of all.  Now it's just the maple tree on the hillside.  

Bless you, Jim!

One more getting pulled out - Randy then drug them up to the road where they'll be taken away with big brush pick-up next week.

Look closely and you'll see the dirt flying as this one was being pulled out of the ground.

Looking much better.  Last night Randy dug out some roots still in the ground and raked - we still need some fill dirt.

Then there was this ugly bush group (3 kinds right smack dab together) in our front yard I've wanted taken out for the 12 years we've been in this house - and Jim took it out too!  The yard looks so much better without it.
I took a video of it, but it may take too long to load.  I'll try to post it here.  It was amazingly fast  getting them pulled out.  Randy did have some sore muscles since he got a workout!  He also was up and down a ladder a lot helping Jim clear out his gutters before they did our bush job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home