Sunday, November 26, 2006

Did we go to FL at Thanksgiving or was I dreaming?

Good thing we took pictures or I might wake up tomorrow and think I was dreaming that we went to FL for Thanksgiving. It was too quick!

We left Wed. morning with Ryan (who drove here from Mt. Vernon Tues. in a rental car). Later this week (or tonight?) you'll probably be able to see his pictures of the trip at http://northshore84.blogspot.com/ For some reason he feels like he spent the break mostly on the road (it was only 4 out of his 6 days off. . .), so you can imagine the pictures he'll be posting. But today he's headed home, as I blog, in his snappy looking "new" Grand Prix, at last! We took it to FL and really enjoyed the comfort and zip it has. He's rather pleased with it, and assured us that we WILL see it again. He's pretty careful about where he parks nowadays and is determined not to leave town without his car or else it'll be in his garage at the Arbors!


The weather couldn't have been any nicer for the trip or visit, but the traffic coulda' been. . . typical Thanksgiving weekend jam up's, but it coulda' been worse. Ryan got into a bad slow-down in KY on Tues. and traveled something like 6 miles in about 1 1/2 hours up around Corbin. He checked the map before leaving today to find a way around that section of I-75.

We enjoyed visiting with Mom and Coleman, as well as Auntie Ruby, Uncle Henry, Auntie Cork, Karen and Greg, and Ken. I visited Uncle Lester in the nursing home Thursday morning too. Karen went all out and made a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner for us all. We brought pies that we made at home Tuesday to contribute at least. (I've tried a dozen times to include pictures here of the dinner at Auntie Cork's but the pictures just won't appear for some reason. At least one of the cook would finally go so I included it above.)

Friday was another glorious day outside for our visit to Madeira Beach and John's Pass. They're doing a lot of construction there of a new drawbridge that is to be done in 2011, $75.6 million later! They're also re-doing the boardwalk and some stores there.

The dolphins and pelicans entertained us along the boardwalk and channel, while Ryan enjoyed Sports Fan Attic shopping in the village.

Randy and Ryan tossed the frisbee while Mom, Coleman and I walked the beach. I didn't get to see it, but Randy said he now qualifies for Funniest Home videos, if only I'd had the camera rolling. He was running to catch a long toss watching only the frisbee, when he ran into the garbage can and it's wooden fencing built around it - OUCH! At least he didn't go head first into it. Some guys nearby got a good laugh out of it he said.

The sunset Friday was gorgeous as always there on Madeira Beach. It'll be hard to decide which pictures to print. I'd post more but blogger isn't cooperating. Maybe in a separate post later it'll work. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Surfs Up said...

That sunset was beautiful. The trip did go by way too fast, I agree.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home