We Biked the River Walk
On Sunday afternoon we finally did what I've been wanting to do for a long while - we biked the River Walk from the Chicamauga Dam to Coolidge Park and back - about 17 miles.

It was a perfect fall day for it - sunny and upper 60's. We spent about 2 hours doing it, including "stop and enjoy" time and picture taking along the way.
While I woulda' been happy to stop at the middle of the bridge where we enjoyed watching lots of boaters below, Randy wanted to bike on down to the park and around it down by the water - to say he went clear to Coolidge Park. I knew that would add a lot more time on the bike seat, and require more energy pedaling back uphill a ways. You can guess who won. . .
Next time we want to take a picnic along. Sunday evening was the CA Fall Festival so we were planning to enjoy chili and cornbread there at 5, and we had eaten a late breakfast since we had our fasting blood work done at 9 to see how we did from the beginning of our CHIP class to the end. We're still awaiting those results. So all we had was water on the trip. And we didn't have to carry it along with us even.



1 Comments:
I love that trail! I'm jealous. I rode it with 2 of my longlost buddies Xavier and Katie. I wonder how they are doing?
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home