Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Break - Copper Mtn.


 Nashville airport fun, waiting for our flight on Frontier to Denver.
 Copper Mtn. Chapel where we went to church Sabbath - what a view!
After the church potluck, Randy and I went p to the Continental Divide to enjoy the views.

 John's game of Settlers of America
Claire enjoying Critterland tubing at Copper our first day

 Sunday skiing was great - groomed slopes with just the right amount of snow for me.
 Randy enjoyed being back on his scooter after two years.
Story time after our first day of skiing
 Monday morning we had about 7 inches of snow to clear off the cars before heading to Copper. Then it kept on snowing till 7 that night - giving Copper 12 inches of snow in 24 hours a worker told me at about 1:45 in the afternoon when I quit to go take care of Claire.  Randy loved the conditions.
Look hard and you will see the tiny snowman at the base of the right chair leg that I built for Claire while Carrie switched out her board for skis.
Carrie and I - in Monday's blizzard.  Conditions were tough for skiing, with very little visibility in the late morning/early afternoon.  I quit about 1:30 to take care of Claire so Ryan could come out and join Randy & Carrie.  Before Ryan even caught up to them, Randy took a hard fall on his shoulder that resulted in a toboggan ride down the slope, thanks to the Ski Patrol.  X-rays showed he had 3 broken ribs. . . so no more skiing for either of us.  But we did enjoy Claire care!

 
Ryan jumping coming off a tree run
The last two days were super clear and no new snow that Randy and I missed.  Glad for Carrie's pictures.


 
 




After Ryan's last run on Wednesday when we 4 went out to meet him

 Copper Springs Lodge behind us where Claire stayed, along with the Highland and Madison folks.
John and Faith


The Super Bee lift of East Village was across the street from their condo - how handy!

Shopping at the Silverthorn Gap outlet before flying out of Denver - don't ya' love our new hats?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home